Knowledge Centre for Sport Netherlands is a knowledge institute that works on the basis of these principles:
- Demand-orientated knowledge is key: we develop knowledge based on needs and demand from governments, professionals and volunteers from everyday practice.
- We fulfil our knowledge role by collecting, validating, enriching and disseminating. We collect and weigh knowledge from everyday practice and scientific research. If necessary, this knowledge is enriched and then consequently made available to professionals in a ready-to-use fashion. In this way we prevent people from reinventing the wheel over and over again. KCSportNL makes effective approaches available in a database.
- We connect practice, policy and theory: we improve implementation in practice by effectively connecting knowledge from practice, policy and theory. We collect questions from policy and practice and connect them to theoretical insight, both domestic and foreign and vice versa.
- KCSportNL supports others in the dissemination of knowledge. We see knowledge as the end product of information, experience, skills and the attitude of the professional. We invest in all these aspects in our work.
- KCSportNL is working with others to develop and disseminate knowledge. We aim to be a reliable and valuable partner to organisations both within and outside the area of sport. KC Sport will join forces with them as much as possible.
- Topsport Topics is a special part of the knowledge centre. It enhances the use of new scientific information for elite sport. This team of scientists also answers questions of coaches from the Dutch elite sport programmes. This supports the ambition of the Netherlands to be in the Top 10 of sport countries worldwide. Topsport Topics items are available in our knowledge platform Alles over Sport (Dutch only).
Find publications in the database for Sports and Physical Activity. The database contains both Dutch as English publications. For English publications you could also try this specific google search engine.